Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 1 (Kinda)

Today technically starts my Chemo Treatment, except for the getting the Chemo part. With each round I need to take a round of Steroids the day before and the day after I go in, so I am well on my way now. Things I have been working on to get myself ready:
  1. Cleaning up some of the places in my house that most people do not see regularly, but might in the near future.
  2. Making shopping lists to stock up on things so that I don't have to go back to the store for a while
  3. Making lists of things to bring to keep me busy while I am getting Chemo
  4. Getting any work done today to make sure that they don't miss me too much if/when I am out.
  5. Helping arrange babysitting and meals for while I am down and out.
  6. Collecting Head Covers of different kinds.
With all of this I am getting a lot of help from Friends, Family and Neighbors! I can't possibly see any way that I would feel so good about this week if I didn't have this support! I almost feel "ready". If that is even possible? But I am going into this with a Positive Outlook. I am hoping that I have the Mildest reactions possible... But I am still realistic and planning for the worst possible reactions. For anyone who is scheduled/planning on helping me, if I am doing better than expected I may call and cancel help if I am up to it, otherwise I will be ready to accept it if I am not!
This will be a serious effort for me. I do not normally like to accept any help from anyone. So Help Me, Help You, to Help Me! :)

6 comments:

  1. Melanie, You are AMAZING! I love ya girl! You will do awesome, and you are definitely going to kick this cancer's toosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought you a cute pink stripy hat today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been in our prayers. I know you will get through this. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're beautiful, little sis! You BETTER call me! Even if you just need a hug! Remember your promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's a site I found today.
    http://www.beyondboobsinc.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys! Cool Site Cindy! Bookmarked! :) I Promise to call you! :)

    ReplyDelete