Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Sunday, November 14, 2010

The beat goes on...

This week's treatment hit me a little harder than the prior treatment. Though the same has been true, that the evenings are worse than the days. And some times I am just counting down the minutes before I can take my medication again. Once I can, I am usually fine other than being tired, but at least I feel a little better.
My week has been filled with good visits for me, from my "Merry Maid" Neighbors, to my Sister and Parents as well as the wonderful friends and neighbors who have stopped by to watch the kiddo's or bring in some food it has been a busy one.
We started Katelynn in her Online Preschool (UPSTART) and she is loving it. It did take the back seat for a few days when I didn't feel up to it, but now that she has started it, I am not sure there will be a day that she will miss it. She Loves it. She loves Learning and it has Music with it too and that is definitely a bonus!! Emma is even getting into it. They are both going to be singing the songs pretty soon.
Alex is working on the Candy so we are ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Two batches of Peanut Brittle are done without a hitch. The nougat not so much. We had thermometer issues (If anyone was in my house yesterday and smelled the burnt sugar smell that is why) and we lost that batch. We have a new Thermometer now and there is still time to try that one again thank heavens because I think there would be a riot if we didn't do nougat. :)
My Head is creating somewhat of a Conundrum. It is either Hot or Cold and nothing in between. It seems the insulation of hair was able to help regulate this temperature far better than anything else I have found so far. When I lay down for bed generally my head is cold, but the second I put on a hat or something it is immediately hot. At the same time I still have some "prickelies" of hair that has not yet fallen out and it acts a little bit like Velcro on my pillow and I don't like to roll my head over as it scrubs along, so I really would like a head cover that solves that issue. My Mother in Law is making me a couple sleep caps, and hopefully I will be able to try them tonight. If that doesn't work I may look into a Chillow. Something will work. :) But if you see me in all my Baldness Glory, just know I am having a Hot Head moment, and don't be surprised if that changes by the minute.
And one last quick note about the baldness. It is a weird sensation to take a shower routine that has been the same for YEARS and cut out something so major as Shampoo and Conditioner. I stand in the shower wondering what I should do now because that 5 minute section has been removed... Then I get out and I still feel like I need to wrap my head all turban-like to keep the water from dripping off my hair onto my clothes. I did put away all of my brushes and most of my hair products so my sink is much less cluttered than it was a few weeks ago (to my husbands delight) but I still feel like I should need to do something there. I am sure I will get used to this free time and use it wisely instead of standing in a dumbfounded stupor waiting for something to change, but for the moment it is just a little weird. :)

This post is a little random, but I guess that is what happens when I am up before 6 am on a Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Well good luck with it all let me know if i can do something to help love Ya Your Most Favorite Brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry this treatment has been worse on you (even right from the start!). As for your head and free time, maybe you could massage your scalp with some lotion every morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a bandanna! You could go the biker route or sport the Aunt Jamima ;)
    Glad you have some fantastic people looking after you so I don't have to come share my germs! Hope you are feeling much better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what you should do? Get bows to put on your head like they do for little baby girls!!! :) My sister-in-law makes bows for her little girl. I bet I could ask her to make "big" girl bows! I know you aren't frilly, but that would be the fun of it!

    Sioux

    ReplyDelete