Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Tuesday, November 9, 2010

FUNdriaiser 11/6

Finally I have a quiet time that I can post about this event. I haven't wanted to post while the girls were here and awake so they don't have to see me Cry... even if they are happy tears, I don't want them to worry.
The day started out just like any other day... Hair falling out argued with myself to know if I should wear a hat or show off my shedding locks. I opted for showing off my thinning hair, but brought a hat just in case. I brought my camera in the hopes to get a good record of how things went. I was so overwhelmed by the response and the sheer mass of the crowds at times that I only managed to get a few pictures. I had been so excited for this event, but had the uncertainty of how many people would come. All of my most Extreme numbers in my head prior to coming were absolutely blown out of the water! I can't even fathom how that was even possible. In addition to the people that I saw there were anonymous donations that were delivered prior to the party even starting. This made me cry immediately after seeing them. Peoples kindness amazes me. I absolutely burst into grateful tears when I read the note about the "Christmas Jar" that I received. This family had been saving up through the year to donate their funds to a cause and chose my cause to donate to, even though it wasn't Christmas yet. It is a wonderful feeling! And there was enough in there to pay for the first wave of bills from the Labs that I got this week! Perfect! Then there was the one guy who just dropped by a donation without wanting to be named. If either you are reading this, You know who you are, and I am eternally grateful to you! Your hearts are very kind and you will be blessed in the days to come for your caring! I was already overwhelmed at that moment before the event even started as there were already as many donations at that point than I had any hopes of getting through most of event. And the kindness just kept on coming! Words of encouragement from people who has watched another loved one go through the same thing. Words of support offering their time and shoulders. And the wonderful people continuing to keep a smile on my face even when I wanted to go and hide to cry in my gratitude! Seeing all of my friends and neighbors getting the Sparkle on head to toe was just awesome and it did exactly as the name implies. It made it FUN.
There were appointments and walk-in's for the Tinsel Hair and it seemed never ending, and the Glitter Toes was first come first served and the waiting list was ever growing. I wish I could take some of the sore away from Kami and Cindy from being in the same place doing the same thing 30+ times through about 6+ hours with very minimal breaks or even snacks. I am forever grateful to them for sacrificing their comfort for a time to help out a friend and Neighbor! Wonderful!! And all the yummy baked goodness that was donated for the bake sale was wonderful! The donation of the Massage from April! How great is that!?! For Corrine who helped get everyone their Sentcy, always on her feet too. It seemed every time I looked that corner was busy! It was just wonderful! And then there was Angie keeping everything flowing. I am amazed at the promotion the event had! I think the only thing she didn't do is hire a plane to advertise it through the sky! You guys are so Wonderful! I don't think there is a way I can ever repay you guys for all that you have done. Just know that I am here for you whenever you need me (when I am on level 1) :) I enjoyed meeting New Neighbors and friends and family of my current neighbors. It is absolutely amazing!
My family is Eternally grateful, and my clunky words can never express the feelings in my heart to do it any justice. But just know that I have shed enough happy tears since the day the event was announced up to the current day to fill a couple bath tubs! I love you girls. You are all wonderful! And I appreciate all the hubbies who took over mommy duty (even though the U game was on) to allow this to happen.

Love and Hugs to everyone who was there, and anyone who donated even a penny. It is all going to help! Even if you only donated a Smile it was worth you coming in! You made my day!! And every time I see a gal with Glittery Hair and Toes I feel the love and support. It gives me a Warm Fuzzy! :)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And a million more times! THANK YOU!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! God is so amazing when He sends the right people at the right time to bless us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your "clunky words" said it perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad it was such a success! I'm such an idiot! I was planning to go, but I thought it was next Saturday. That's what happens when I take time off work and don't have my calendar or Facebook to keep me on track. In any case, amazing things happen to amazing people, so you deserve it.

    I also want to thank those that worked so hard to make it a great day for you! What a blessing to have them in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now you made me cry happy tears!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel, thank you for letting this event take place! Everyone involved and present got to witness the generousity of strangers! What an amazing experience! You have LOTS of people cheering you on, and I am proud to be your friend and cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete