Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Monday, February 28, 2011

Komen Race For The Cure

If you are on Facebook, this may be "old news", but I have to share with everyone. :)

I have registered for the 2011 Race for the Cure at the Gateway Mall on May 7th. I have opened up a Team for Fundraising so we can all bring in a little, but together it will look like a lot! If you are local feel free to join my team here Team Nuke-M-Boobies You can join me at the Race, either walking or Running, or you can join my team and "Sleep In For The Cure" Meaning you do not need to actually come down, you will just help us in our fundraising and other support. I will likely be Walking as I will be going through Radiation at the time (making the Team Name even more relevant) and I am not sure how sore I will be at that point. BTW, there is a 5k or a 1 mile, so you can do as much or as little as you can. I don't want to kill anyone if you are not up for something too long. But I would Love to see as many of you as possible!
On the same link it will give you the option to donate as well if you don't want to join the team. For donations to count towards my team total they have to be submitted by 4/22, *BUT* That doesn't mean that you CAN'T donate after that date. MY goal is not for me to get the most donations within My group, even though that would be cool. Instead it is to keep building awareness and do my part to help fund additional research for earlier detection and better treatments and eventually A Cure!!
If you want more information about the the Event as a whole check out the main page here Race Info

I haven't decided what I want to do to help differentiate us as a team on race day. If I want to do a Special Shirt, or Hat, or Tutu Or what... If anyone has any suggestions please share! There are about 2 months before the race! This should give us plenty of time to get organised. If we can keep it Fun then I won't have to Cry! :) (though I make no promises that I won't)

In case you are wondering about the Team name... Here is my inspiration: T-shirt I figured I needed to change it up just enough so I wasn't going to get into any copyright issues. ;)

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. If you sign up and didn't get on my team let me know and I can maybe have them move your registration if you want. I have to have a team of 10 by race day to be considered a actual team, otherwise we are just a cool group. :)

    ReplyDelete