Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One year ago today: Part 2

One year ago today I checked in at my OB/GYN to have my lump checked out. For some people this may not be that big of a deal, but for me, I rarely, if ever, went into my doctor for anything besides my Once Yearly visits and the scheduled visits while Pregnant. SO actually getting myself into the Doctor was a real deal. Between the time that I set my appointment and the time that I went in I had pretty much convinced myself even more that they were just going to laugh me out of the office for being silly and stressing out over nothing. I met with the NP and she told me not to show or tell her where I had found the lump so that she could try to find it on her own. (So that she wouldn't miss something that I didn't feel if she felt it) Well... She picked up on it almost immediately. It was large enough, that I could not only feel it, but could also see it by then, but I had been checking it for quite a while so I was pretty familiar with it. She couldn't see it well at first, but had no problems finding it. The visit was fairly quick and I was sent away with orders to get in for a Mammogram and Ultrasound, and I was also given the contact information of a surgeon. This was so that if it was a cyst then I could have it quickly removed. I convinced myself that this is exactly what would be happening and I was annoyed with needing to go through the "red tape" of getting there... but knew that I needed to go through the motions.

Fast forward...

Today I met with my Plastic Surgeon and once again it was time for more stitches. Today was an Eight stitch day. But it made me feel better that he removed all but one of the prior stitches and hooked me up with a fresh new set. The Radiation is really effecting my skin's ability to heal. My non-radiated side is nearly healed up and I am hopeful that I will soon be clear of any issues there. But the right side has a couple stubborn holes that are refusing to heal up. We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. It would have been nice if they had laughed you out of the office ;) I'm glad you went in when you did!

    ReplyDelete