Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Monday, September 26, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

This will be the beginning of a series of posts as I am coming to my One Year Anniversaries.

One year ago today I finally made the decision (with a little nudge from my Hubby) to admit that I needed to go to the doctor because of a lump that I had found in my Right breast. I had found it in August, but I didn't want to believe that it was really an issue. I tried to convince myself that there was nothing to worry about. I tried to tell myself that it would go away soon. But it had been way to long and it wasn't going away, instead it was getting bigger. I was absolutely terrified that it could be Cancer, but at the same time I had other family members who had had cysts so I tried to convince myself that it was probably the same, so one year ago today I called and made the ever important phone call to make an appointment with my Doctor to get it checked out...

And so it begins.....


Fast forward...
A year later, my stitches are healing, even though I continue to get at least 3-8 stitches each Wednesday. I am feeling better. I am definitely not back to normal. But I am getting closer. According to my husband I may never be normal, but then again I may not have been normal to begin with. I am just hoping that eventually I get to be as normal as I was in July of 2010... Not a care in the world, unless you count the usual cares of Work and Family. :)

2 comments:

  1. Miss Melanie... You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome Melanie! I'm so happy for you that things are moving towards normal again and happy that you went to to doctor to check things out. Just keep that positive attitude friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete