Welcome! Read Me!

This blog is created to give you a central location to answer any questions you have about my current and upcoming treatments and reactions. It is also created to help me make Lemonade out of the Lemons I have been given, so I will keep this as positive as I can.







Sunday, May 19, 2013

A new Week...

Here we go into a new week. We know a little more than before, but still waiting on more to keep learning.

The updates. The Certainty is there that it is a Cancer. The uncertainty is in what kind it is and what to do with it. I go in for my biopsy results on Wednesday. At this point we will know more of our game plan. Part of this game plan, unfortunately, will include some Surgery. Not for the new bits, but residual from the Old bits. In hindsight the healing issues that I have been dealing with are quite possibly linked back to this cancer being in my body. Before I can start Chemo though I am going to have to get things to hurry up and heal. I meet with my surgeon on Monday morning so that we can make a plan.

As for my current Pain Management. I am taking a pretty High dose of Steroid, as well as Percocet to manage my pain. In addition I have started using doTerra Deep Blue. I started full Radiation late in the week. This is an eventual help. But when I went in on Friday feeling worse than I was on Thursday, I was only slightly discouraged when they said that they do expect it to be worse before it gets better. This is Proof that they are radiating the right place and doing what it is supposed to do. The Cancer in my spine is essentially swelling in my bone and causing the nerve to be very painful. The Radiation causes additional swelling as it gets to work. So... that means it is not feeling great all the time. I did get some reprieve today and felt actually pretty good. A Sabbath Day Miracle. I am not sure if the break from the radiation this weekend is enough that it will cause it to re-swell when I go back in tomorrow, or if it is good enough that it will actually stay down for the remainder of my treatments, I guess time will tell. I have 11 more treatments to go (Monday-Friday) Once Radiation is complete then we will tackle our Chemo Options.

In the mean time I will be setting up appointments for Second Opinions. As my Aunt put it,"This isn't just a broken Leg" I want to make sure that I am getting the Right care for me. I am going to have to trust in my Discernment to help guide me to the the right treatments. There have already been a couple options placed before me, and I am not sure how I feel about them. But time and research will get me going the right way.

I just need to take a quick moment to say Thank you to everyone who has reached out to me. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful Family and Friends! There is no place I would rather be than in your company! The Faith that Resonates from all of you is bound to keep my spirits high and my outcome wonderful! I am inspired by each one of you and your devotion and ability to help when the need arises. I am going to try not to use up more than my welcome from those who have offered their time. I just hope that my kiddos are not too much of a burden on those of you who have the joy to have them visit you from time to time. I know they can be a crazy handful sometimes. But hopefully in little chunks they are ok. ;) They are a blessing that breathes normalicy into my crazy day's at least. Something has to keep me grounded.


3 comments:

  1. We are here to help you carry your burden. I know if we could we would take it from you entirely. We love you Mel! Anything we can do to help, just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to watch the girls or bring a meal if needed. Praying for you. You have an amazing spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel, my entire family loves you and is praying for you. Please let us know how we can help...watch the girls, meals, cleaning, errands or mani's/pedi's we will do it! Love you with all our hearts!

    ReplyDelete